Tuesday, November 9, 2010

the line up

I am out of the house, so I don't have my photos with me, but I thought I'd do a wee update and tell you what I'm working on.  photos when I come home!

On the needles:
I am knitting a hat for my hubby.  I'm making it from bought alpaca and an unraveled cotton sweater.  This is the first wearable project I'm making from a pattern!  I've had to frog it once already.  it was far too big, even with the recommended yarn type and needles.  oh well!  He asked for one with a brim so he can  duck his head and block the wind/snow from his eyes.

I've got some arm tubes for my step dad.  I'm using yummy naturally grey alpaca, and unraveled alpaca/acrylic red for a wee spiral at he bottom.  I'm making it up as I go, and I'm on the second one, so I hope I can remember what  did the first time!!  I also hope they fit...I have NO idea how big his hands are...

and 3rd on the needles is a Mario Mushroom for my step son.  I'm going to try and make it into a key chain.

oh, and off the needles, I have an un-finished elephant for my friends who are about to have a baby.  Need to finish it asap...the shower is in a couple weeks.  She still needs foot pads and an ear.

I also want to knit dish clothes for my dad's Christmas present...but he's away until Feb. so they can wait.

sewing:
I just finished a diaper bag for the same couple having a baby.  I LOVE it.  and I want to keep it...but that is how I know it's a good thing and should go out into the big world.

I'm making Yo-Yos for my family for Christmas decorations.  here are Yo-Yos : http://sewing.about.com/od/embellishment/ss/basicyoyo.htm

I'm putting bottons in the middle, and ribbon to hang them.

And for the craft show I'm making my bookmarks, patches, t-shirts and li'l scrappers.  *deep breath!* 

No comments:

Post a Comment