Monday, February 10, 2014

2 weeks

I have a running commentary in my head of what I'd like to post...but now it's gone!  Lets see if over tired mommy brain can remember a few things.

Lion man is now 16 days old.
Last weigh in he was 8Lbs 11oz.  He gained a pound in 5 days.

We'd been having trouble with him sleeping on his back.  He was gurgling up his milk, but not spitting up.  The midwife wasn't worried, but really, who wants that, so we where sleeping with him on my chest.  We kept putting him on his back, and finally he didn't gurgle and slept between a feeding.  I can have a much more relaxed sleep now, even if it broken up every 2 hours.

J is a wonderful daddy and lets me nap and have baths when I need to during the day between feeding.  I'm not quite ready to try bottle feeding just yet.  He certainly loves L very much.
I am enjoying breast feeding.  It is going very very well. 

I've gone out a few times.  One midwife appointment on the streetcar.  Lionel slept on the way there, and cried on the way back.  I wish people wouldn't stare.  I don't think most people realize that it makes me feel badly.  I don't think most people are annoyed, but just curious and drawn to the noise.  Poor little guy.  There wasn't anything I could do.

here are some photos from the week!






this is mid sneeze!



J's bio dad, Grandpa W




No comments:

Post a Comment