Sunday, February 6, 2011

getting wasted. A rant.

I went to a big party last night.  300 (+?)  people. Friends of mine organized it.  (and did a DAMN good job too!)
I went to dance and see friends and dance.  I don't do it often, but I love to dance, and I knew the DJs, and I knew it would be a good time.  And it was.

Part of your admission to the event was to bring an unopened bottle of booze.  (The other part was $12 to cover the cost of renting the venue and to cover other set up costs) Or a bunch of beer, or what ever you like to drink.  How ever much you think you will drink, plus extra.  And then you drink all night and it's way cheaper than going OUT to drink. 
I don't drink...so I brought some cranberry and orange juice.
But just about everyone else sure did!

I'm not an alcoholic, it's not religious, I'm not pregnant.  I just don't drink. 
I do not understand the point. 
Maybe some wine with dinner.  To me, wine with dinner tastes good.  Or a nice cold beer on a hot day. Getting a wee bit tipsy...it means I talk WAY more.
What I don't understand is getting hammerd, sloshed, wasted, falling down drunk.  I don't understand why people feel the need to lose control like that. 
Maybe you'll tell me to loosen up a bit...
You obviously haven't partied with me...
I party just as hard as you with the bottle in your hand.  Maybe harder because I don't feel like puking.

I do burlesque for heavens sake.

I will remember it ALL in the morning.  I won't take it too far, and have regrets. 
I will get mildly annoyed when you can hardly stand up.
I will get a little fed up with the strangers who feel then can slobber all over me.
And I will have NO sympathy for your hangover the next morning.

And, I still have all my money -$5 for my glass of Coke.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
I have SO much fun sober.  
(Fine, I do do one drug...caffeine.)

Can you tell me why people drink so much?




One thing, I want to clarify.  I don't think I'm better than you if you drink.  I'm not judging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment