Tuesday, January 29, 2013

up date

you may be wondering about:
project make baby
the great paleo experiment
and other things I've talked about in my life here.

Baby making:
still trying.  Well, unofficially.  Because my wee lizard brain stresses out when I try too hard, so I am aware when I ovulate, and attempt to have sex on the appropriate dates, but that's it.  We're just having unprotected sex.  No fuss.  No temperature taking, no mucus monitoring.  I slid a little after the miscarriage, sexually.  I just didn't want to do it.  So right now, we're just getting back on the horse and having fun being with each other. 
I'm committed to eating healthy (no sugar, few grains and dairy) and, well, exercise is just. blerg.  I'll get there.  We're re-joining the Y in Feb, so I'll get back to tai chi, and other stuff as well.


Eating paleo:

I've put that on the back burner for now.  I'm staying away from sugar and gluten.  I find no grains during the winter extremely hard.  I'm eating steel cut oats, and buckwheat mostly.  I was doing pretty well, and then I had a whole wheat wrap at work, and was SO grumpy. 

My (almost) sister in law (sister wife??  like baby daddy?  lol) gave me her old mandolin, and I've been making zucchini noodles!  I've had them with pesto.  Delish.  So my noodle problem is solved. 

I've been eating cheese and yoghurt and butter.  Nothing bad seems to be happening.  Staying away from milk though.

I've been trying to bake with coconut flour.  I don't really like it though.  I'm going to look back into almond flour and arrowroot flour.  And ground oats.

I'm also allowing myself a sugar cheat every day.  Esp. at work.  Lemonade, or chai or chocolate.

Oh, and eating potatoes, but limiting them too.  And pop corn.  Organic pop corn.


The delema:

Still trying to figure that out.  Just letting it sit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment