Saturday, July 16, 2011

oh, my Life...

I haven't been talking much about my daily living much these days.


One amazing thing that happened was the the Postal strike ended and J got his results from his nursing registration exam.  He passed!  He'll be looking for a job as soon as he pays for the registration.  I'm married to an RPN! 
I LOVE the juxtaposition of our careers.  Here I go off to work in big steel toed boots, and use shovels, lift stone, get mega dirty, cut lawns and generally sweat a lot.  And J, wears scrubs and 'nursing shoes' and is a nurse.*  Its a bit of a role reversal.  It's great, and I can't wait for our kids to tell everyone what we do and for some adult to say, "oh sweetie, don't you mean you Mummy is a nurse and your Daddy is a Landscaper?"  tee hee.

I've been to a wedding last week.  and next weekend is a vow renewal.  And in 2 weeks is a weekend event called Moose Man.   It's put on by members of the Burning Man community in Toronto.  I don't consider myself a 'burner' so much.  I have no desire to *go* to Burning Man.  But the antics we get up to on the weekend is sublimely fun.  I'm the 'lead' for the performances.  So I get to organize the Moose Man Cabaret, and the Pre Burn show.  here are the photos from last year!  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150245290090298.479165.691120297

Today I'm going to Peterborough with My mom and her husband to celebrate my sister and her Girlfriends engagement.  YAY.  I better get going actually! 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to J - that is awesome!

    You guys will definitely be the cool parents when your kids talk about your jobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your hubby and your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete