Wednesday, August 24, 2011

pain

A few months ago J and I went though a tough spot. 
We're fine now, and in counselling to resolve our communication issues. 

I was just sitting here thinking about a few things that where said back then.  One of them was that I wasn't sure I was ever happy in our relationship.  SO weird.  It's not true.  But I was in a place of major pain, so that's all I was feeling/remembering.  The negative aspects of our life together, and not how I felt daily.  My love.

What an interesting concept.  Feeling so angry that you can't remember ever feeling love.  And I suppose the other way around happens all the time too.

I wonder if practising mindfulness would help with that.  Being with, accepting and embracing those feelings.  Rather than getting sucked in and loosing yourself.

1 comment:

  1. *hug*

    Don't know why I can't get this site to notify me when you post - if I miss it on FB then I miss it completely... glad I caught this one.

    I think mindfulness helps with everything - but I'm such a fan of cognition and owning ourselves...

    Anyway, miss you, pretty girl! I think of you often and am always sending you love. Just so's you know. :)

    *hugs* Tan

    ReplyDelete