Sunday, March 30, 2014

2 months!!




wooosh!  How in heavens name did *that* happen?
How has it been a whole 2 months since LeoB arrived?

He is now 14Lbs (or more!) almost doubling his birth weight.
At birth he was 51cm long, and is now 57cm. He is wearing 6 month sleepers and onsies.  The are a tad too big, but most 3 months don't fit anymore.
We are getting regular smiles (see below for photos!!) and he recognizes both Jason and me.  He has conversations with us, and the butterfly mobile above his change table.  He sure likes those butterflies!!  He also enjoys his play mat and swats at the toys hanging there.  I've taken to calling them "those funny guys", and sing songs about the "butterflies and funny guys".
He's started pushing his legs to standing, and has been trying to sit up on his own.  No indications of rolling over yet, but we're being extra cautious now as the Midwife said it will be soon.

We had our last midwife visit.  That makes me sad.  They where all so lovely.  They have a summer picnic, so we'll make sure we're available for that.

LeoB had his first shots on the 20th.  And an oral dose that he threw right back up.  It smelled like orange...I would have puked too if all I'd been exposed to was breast milk.


I'm getting cabin fever.  It's a chore to get us bundled up, so I'm not getting out as much as I'd like.  Soon though!  the 14 day forecast says things are looking up!!  I'm looking forward to being able to just strap LeoB on if he's fussy and get out.

Speaking of fussy, it seems as though he's started teething!  Drooly, cranky, face rubbing, sucking and chewing.  The problem I have at the moment is that #1, he's not on solids, and a lot of the 'remedies' include using frozen food and teething cookies, and #2, he's not grabbing yet, and his hand mouth co-ordination isn't great.  We'll try homeopathic teething remedies, and an amber necklace.  And the good old frozen wash cloth.  He likely won't get teeth soon, but could have the symptoms for months!

nap time.  I love co-sleeping!

this was almost the first smile.  so close!

my snuggly guy

dada can multitask too!

bath time!

that really warm day in mid March


sweet face!

Visit with Oma

favourite sleeping position

smiling and chatting with the butterflies




sitting up

more smiles


after the shots he wouldn't let me put him down, so I stuck him in the Moby wrap

chatting with those funny guys

No comments:

Post a Comment