Tuesday, October 4, 2011

things

Sitting here with an empty screen.  I don't really have much to say these days it seems.
We're keepin' on.  No news is good news.

I'm looking for a new job.  One that doesn't break my back.  I'm planning on working all winter, and not going back to the same gardening job in the spring.  Doing the math, I need to work all winter to get maternity when and if I get pregnant.  I kinda feel like I'm jumping the gun here, but I need to have enough hours (600) to qualify for maternity.  I have to double check, but I don't think I can go on regular EI and then go right on Mat.  (To clarify, I am a seasonal worker, so I get laid off each winter, and get re-hired in the spring)  I suppose I should go talk to someone in regards to that.  The wording is terrifically obscure.

On another note, I helped out/performed this past Saturday for Nuit Blanche, "Vaudville Hotel" 12 hour cabaret featuring burlesque and other vaudeville acts.  Including Edith Checkerspot!  NSFW!!!  Find me (uh, Edith) 'stage kittening' for the first 3 hours and the hoop act at 2:55! (click "Vaudeville Hotel" for the 3 part, 12 hour video!)  I love Edith SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment