Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This too shall pass

I'm getting a new tattoo.

I'm getting the words "this too shall pass"

I do realize that it's a fairly popular phrase to be tattooed.  Here is what it means to me.

Most people will think of the phrase when something perceived as bad is happening. 
I also use it as a reminder that everything passes.  Good things in life pass as well.  Heck.  I will pass.
So although it will be a reminder that the bad times pass, it will be a reminder to enjoy the good.  Don't let the good stuff pass by with out noticing.

I had for a fleeing moment, thought about putting it on the palm of my hand...like a scrawled reminder.  But I'm not that bad ass.
I'm thinking my the inside of my right wrist.   Still pretty bad ass...ha ha.  I won't be getting a desk job anytime soon.  Or do I have any plans to work at Starbucks again.  I'm a gardener.  I have pink hair.

and it's kinda ironic...'cause the actual tattoo...won't pass.  *groan*

*BIG PHAT EDIT*

my mommy convinced me not to get the tatt.  So we went to the spa instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment