Wednesday, August 17, 2011

workshop Wednesday! woop woop!

I made pudding yesterday.  with RICE MILK.

2 cups rice or soy milk (I'm going to try chocolate almond milk next!)
3 Tbsp corn starch  (I have potato starch, and I'd like to try that to stay away from GMO corn) *edit*  I used potato starch!  It worked like a charm.  You just need to cook it longer...but if you've never used corn starch...you'll never know!
1/4 cup (organic cane) sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp vanilla

In a double boiler combine ingredients with a whisk.  Bring water to a boil and keep whisking/stirring until pudding thickens.  Don't let the pudding boil.  Once it's thick, spoon into individual bowls or a medium glass bowl  Cool for 10 minutes and refrigerate.  I didn't even wait until it was refrigerated.

It tasted like pudding...looked like pudding.  YUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment