Friday, September 23, 2016

New career

I just signed up for a postpartum doula course with Doula Training Canada!

Before I gave birth I was considering being a birth doula.  Well, at the moment, I don't have to constitution for it.  The intensity, the blood, the really odd not consistent hours, the blood.  Did I mention the possibility of blood?  I can talk about, and deal with my own.  I'm terrified for the day Bunny gets a gash.  But talk about or show me blood.  nerp.  So that was out.  Maybe one day I might feel passionate enough about it to try.  But I doubt it.
So with my own postpartum I found out there where women who helped families postpartum.  Educated them, helped with baby care, help with household care, helped with spouse and sibling integration, and 'mothered the mother' as they say. 

Doula Canada also has a birth educator course, and for months now I've been trying to decide what to do first.  I went with Postpartum Doula because.  I don't know.  I just did.  I want to do both, and I will. 

So, are you having a baby in 2017??  give me a ping!  I can help.  I'll need hours helping families.

No comments:

Post a Comment