Sunday, April 17, 2011

weaning off soap!

It's been about 3 weeks with no 'poo.
My hair kinda feels like an animal pelt now!  Especially wet.  Soft, but thick.  Kinda like I have product in it, but really nice product.  I guess that's the balance of the natural oils.  My scalp remains virtually itch free!  SO good. 

I use Dr. Bronner's magic soap for my body.  Although it *is* soap, it's 'pure' and doesn't have any gross/harsh chemicals.  It uses plant oils rather than animal fat.

AND  although I haven't used them yet, I've bought soap nuts!  I'm waiting until my laundry detergent is done (a couple more loads!)  The web site will give you better info.  So will this video:

Also planning on using them in the dish washer.

A friend of mine uses them, and unfortunately shares laundry machines.  She is so used to no scent, that if the person who uses the machine before her has used something scented, esp. something like Gain, she can't wear her clothes.  Did you know that most perfumes are endocrine disruptors?  They mess with your hormones!  Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment